Why is a W. Butcher plane so expensive?
(09-16-2017, 07:58 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
" but the old tools cognoscenti "

I love that word.,..and I am going to try and work it into my everyday vocabulary...
Winkgrin  
Laugh  
Laugh

Yeah, a good one.  Lots of seldom used words out there.  I like "defenestration" which means throwing someone out of a window.  Or "propedeutic" which means a teaching primer on a subject.  One of my all time favorites is "merkin" which is on George Carlin's extended list of dirty words, its means a pubic wig!!  I've been trying to slip that one into a memo at work for 20 years!!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(09-16-2017, 08:19 AM)Admiral Wrote: Yeah, a good one.  Lots of seldom used words out there.  I like "defenestration" which means throwing someone out of a window.  Or "propedeutic" which means a teaching primer on a subject.  One of my all time favorites is "merkin" which is on George Carlin's extended list of dirty words, its means a pubic wig!!  I've been trying to slip that one into a memo at work for 20 years!!

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh ..Words mean something !!!!!!!
Crazy
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Yeah from what I read this particular plane was the reason Lie-Nielsen was started when it was reported Wisner was closing down.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(09-15-2017, 10:29 PM)jasfrank Wrote: It was obviously worth the bux to some people. I like watching and occasionally buying, sometimes selling tools on the bay. Lately seen a sweet  buy-it-now deal too. The owner didn't know what he had there. Just wish I'da seen that one a bit quicker.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stanley-miter-pl...Sw7ZRZjztD

I bet that sold in about 30 seconds after the first person who knew what it was found it.