New Yankee Workshop on Youtube
Spelunking around youtube, I found a lot of NYW episodes available for viewing.

Have Morash and friends released the NYW stuff to youtube?

It wouldn't appear to be the case, but who knows. If they haven't officially released them to youtube, I'm surprised they haven't been taken down.

'jes curious
chris
(09-17-2017, 11:45 AM)doobes Wrote: Spelunking around youtube, I found a lot of NYW episodes available for viewing.

Have Morash and friends released the NYW stuff to youtube?

It wouldn't appear to be the case, but who knows.  If they haven't officially released them to youtube, I'm surprised they haven't been taken down.

'jes curious

Chances are most or all are illegal. 
Hard to find them all and expensive to have lawyers write letters and follow up. Especially since the violators can simply change accounts and upload again. Maybe they have decided any publicity is good since you still can buy the plans from PBS.

Monty Python found so much being pirated on YouTube that they opened their own account, made everything free and are making more money than ever.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(09-17-2017, 11:51 AM)handi Wrote: Chances are most or all are illegal. 
Hard to find them all and expensive to have lawyers write letters and follow up. Especially since the violators can simply change accounts and upload again. Maybe they have decided any publicity is good since you still can buy the plans from PBS.

Monty Python found so much being pirated on YouTube that they opened their own account, made everything free and are making more money than ever.

That's would I would think as well. There is a crap ton of NYW episodes spread around the web. Most of it pretty poor quality (VCR tapes?).

Putting good quality episodes on YouTube would probably be a gold mine for them.
chris
I usually check the main site each week to see if that is a Norm I haven't seen, or would like to again. If it is something I am not interested in I look over at You Tube. I guess I like my Norm ration just one show a week. Tried a Norm-a-thon once, and found for me he's best in small doses. Too much and I start thinking crazy thoughts like removing the saw guard so the camera can see the view better.
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(09-19-2017, 01:31 AM)Steve N Wrote: I usually check the main site each week to see if that is a Norm I haven't seen, or would like to again. If it is something I am not interested in I look over at You Tube. I guess I like my Norm ration just one show a week. Tried a Norm-a-thon once, and found for me he's best in small doses. Too much and I start thinking crazy thoughts like removing the saw guard so the camera can see the view better.
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh

Removing the saw guard makes it easier to get the pin nailer in close.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
They are downloads from people who recorded them.  If NYW wanted to they could have them all removed.  Since NYW hasn't been on the air in years (poscast yes) I suspect Morash isn't interested in going after them.  A lot of them are poor quality - some have commercials.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Checking the NYW site I see that for at least 2 weeks it has been on the table with the carousel centerpiece. BTDT have a T shirt, moving on the some U tube....
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I remember when NYW was live and we all watched.

The next morning when we came into the shop we would all talk about and laugh at some of the things Norm said and did that were wrong, . . . but then in the next scene it was all cleaned up to make things look right.

He was always a sincere nice guy carpenter with a very elaborate machinery-manufacturer-sponsored-shop, and nothing more to us very experienced cabinet makers.
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink