Emmerts Patternmakers vise
(09-19-2017, 07:32 PM)thedutchtouch Wrote: wish you were closer to DC.

Take a day trip. Northeast corridor to NYC then up to Albany Rennsalier. I would imagine that Dave would be willing to pick you up or deliver.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
(09-21-2017, 08:00 AM)jppierson Wrote: Take a day trip.  Northeast corridor to NYC then up to Albany Rennsalier.  I would imagine that Dave would be willing to pick you up or deliver.

Absolutely!!
Yes
Yes I'm about a mile off the Thruway.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(09-19-2017, 07:32 PM)thedutchtouch Wrote: wish you were closer to DC.

Dave's place is on your way up to Totally Turning and Showcase in Saratoga Springs in March.

I got my turtleback Emmertt's from Dave from Dave and I am very happy with it (even if I did pay him significantly more than what he is asking for this one). The asking price on this one is so low that I have to keep convincing myself that I do not need 2 of them.

Also, as others have mentioned, Dave is one of the good sellers here. We do have a bunch of good ones here and he is one of them.

If you pick up in person and you ask nicely, Mrs Dave might try to offer more bargain sale prices for stuff in Dave's shop.
Winkgrin
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
i would if i could, but i average 60 hrs a week at my job (not including a 1.5 is hr one way commute), have a toddler, a pregnant wife, and a 130+ year old house that needs lots of work. no time for day trips, barely have time for woodworking lol.
-Justin
(09-22-2017, 07:48 PM)thedutchtouch Wrote: i would if i could, but i average 60 hrs a week at my job (not including a 1.5 is hr one way commute), have a toddler, a pregnant wife, and a 130+ year old house that needs lots of work.   no time for day trips, barely have time for woodworking lol.

doesn't greyhound ship stuff?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

That's certainly an idea. I could probably find someone to make me a crate. I'm guesstimating around 110 pounds crated up.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$