How hard is carpet laying?
I do most of my own home improvement/repair and I hire out carpet.  Tried it once and never again.  Royal PIA.
I have experience in installing carpet. I also have experience in maintaining carpet.

The second reason is why I spent a lot more than carpet would have cost installing hardwood floors in this house.
Wink
Yes
(09-19-2017, 02:44 PM)CLETUS Wrote: This means a lot, coming from you!

Thanks, I think.  
Laugh   To be sure, there are times I wish I had written a check, and fer sure I've made life harder on myself than I had to other times.  OTOH, I've also done stuff that I'm amazed I was able to pull off.
I find myself writing checks for a lot of things I used to do all the time. Carpet is another one of them now.
I helped a pro install some carpet. And watched another install some Berber carpet for us.
I think the hardest part is kicking to stretch the carpet.
The guy I worked for, cut the carpet too short, and kicked so much, it actually ripped the carpet. That's some hard kicking.
The guy who installed the Berber, also kicked as hard, and did a lot of it. I'm surprised he could still walk.

I would attempt to do stairs, with staples, and tucking, before laying carpet. At least laying Berber.
I always wondered how long you could be a carpet installer after I watched someone stretch the carpet in our house that always came loose. My knees would give out in about a month. Obviously, it's easy to screw it up, seen that too many times.

I wish we had kept track of the carpet installer that did our house, need some help, and he was really good.
(05-14-2021, 06:36 AM)Kwaigon Wrote: I thought for a very long time before putting carpets in the house, whether it would be practical. I was afraid that if I put the carpet on, it would get dirty very quickly. Of course, it got dirty, but not so fast, and it wasn't complicated to clean, so I decided to cover all the floors with carpet. Now I use the cleaning company services DELETED, and I don't think about it at all. I'm more concerned with cleaning other parts of the apartment. It's good that my children help me with this. I'm very grateful to them for this. The main thing is that they want it themselves, and I don't force them.

SPAM.....BAM
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I have installed carpet runners on hardwood stairs using those rods.  Other than my knees hurting for a few days after, not that bad.  But I would rather that someone else does next time.

[Image: jubilee-antique-stair-rod-p3192-28314_image.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.