19-38 or 16-32 Sanders
I was planning on purchasing the super max 19-38 drum sander but a new 16-32 model being offered. If you were buying one which one would you pick and why would you pick it. 
Thank you for your input.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

(09-20-2017, 04:52 AM)paarker Wrote: I was planning on purchasing the super max 19-38 drum sander but a new 16-32 model being offered. If you were buying one which one would you pick and why would you pick it. 

I can't comment on the SuperMax sanders but be aware that Laguna just bought the company.  Any customer service needs you have might be routed through Laguna's CS department.  Some folks may consider that a negative.

https://lagunatools.com/company/press-in...max-tools/

Mike
In the absence of any knowledge of new features I say why not go bigger?

Fwiw I have the 19/38 and have been pleased.
-Marc

(09-20-2017, 04:52 AM)paarker Wrote: I was planning on purchasing the super max 19-38 drum sander but a new 16-32 model being offered. If you were buying one which one would you pick and why would you pick it. 

HAve you looked at the 16/32 next to the 19/38.  The Supermax is built better in my opinion.  I have the 25/50.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(09-20-2017, 04:34 PM)CARYinWA Wrote: HAve you looked at the 16/32 next to the 19/38.  The Supermax is built better in my opinion.  I have the 25/50.

Super max now has a 16-32 sander which is the reason I am asking.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

I've had the 19/38 in my sights for some time, but I have to admit the 16/32 looks like it has some nice new features. I can't tell if it has the "Sandsmart" stuff, though. But with the Laguna purchase I am rethinking the whole thing.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-20-2017, 05:52 PM)paarker Wrote: Super max now has a 16-32 sander which is the reason I am asking.

Sorry,  Thought you were talking the new looking Jet 16/32.  Of the 4 new features, the quick adjust is the only one of interest to me.  Not enough to give of capacity though.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
19-38 is all cast iron.
16-32 is all aluminum.

This is true for both the jet and the new supermax 16

For my money, I'd buy the 19. Aluminum deflects too much in use.