WTB wood for jointer plane
Want to make a Krenov style jointer plane with a 1 1/2" blade. I usually buy blanks from eBay but I can't find any that are big enough. Looking for >=30" piece, preferably closer to 12/4 than 8/4 and quarter or rift sawn. Need something reasonably dry already, so I don't have to wait a bunch of months.

Looking for hard, dense wood, not sort of hard and dense. 

I usually use bubinga or osage orange. Birch or beech might be ok. 

Thanks!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(09-23-2017, 08:26 AM)Youngbuck Wrote: I've never bought from them, but heard good feedback about Bell Forest Products

Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(09-23-2017, 08:26 AM)Youngbuck Wrote: I've never bought from them, but heard good feedback about Bell Forest Products

Bell Forest is my "home" store. I buy a lot of wood from them and highly recommend them for their large selection and great personal service.

They carry yellow birch, bubinga, and osage orange, but not beech.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Would Ipe work? I've never thought of it for plane building. It's very hard and very dense so it meets that criteria. I have 4 6x6 posts of it. About 4 feet long each
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".