HANDTOOLS: Crispy Type 17 #3 Smoother
As stated, a Type 17 wartime #3 smoother, very crispy; mechanically 100%, metal solid with no cracks, etc., wood solid; this was an early one, still had the tap in the sole for frog adjustment screw, and has the brass tote and knob screws they were using up from inventory before the wartime shortages; heavier castings typical of wartime planes, feels good in the hand. 

Side cheek stamped "imperfect" at the factory, I see these from time to time, the only imperfection I found is some milling marks on the sole, which as you can see from the picture of its shavings does not affect use at all, I also took a closeup of this imperfection; otherwise 99++% original japanning, plenty of iron left, I squared up the iron, mated the chipbreaker and gave it a quick sharpening on my Tormek, more attention to honing the iron will only improve performance. 

Here's the link to a Flickr album with more pics:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...583330593/ but here's a teaser to get you to click the link:

[Image: 36583330593_de34bc88ca_b.jpg]

A very crisp example of a T17 smoother. Yours for $60 plus shipping. First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your name and shipping address so I can print mailing labels and quote you postage; I don't have paypal or any other EFT technology, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then checks are ok.   

Quality user tools that I would own, priced reasonably. Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Now $60 shipped to the US.
(09-25-2017, 05:45 PM)Admiral Wrote: Now $60 shipped to the US.

Sent PM with an offer...
 R
(09-25-2017, 10:58 PM)RodB Wrote: Sent PM with an offer...
 R

PM replied to, plane is still available.
(09-26-2017, 07:36 AM)Admiral Wrote: PM replied to, plane is still available.

Plane is sold.  thanks to all for looking.