GFCI Wont Reset
I have a radon reduction system with a GFCI on the circuit before the fan.  The GFCI is tripped and wont reset.   When I press in the reset button and let it go, I see a small greenish spark (tiny) in one of the receptacles.  All of the connections seems good.  Should i try to replace the GFCI?  I don't know whether there is a problem at the fan unit.  Or just call an electrician.

Can you get to the fan to check it?  Or can you unplug (or otherwise take out of the circuit) the fan and see if it still fails to reset?  If it resets with the can out, good bet it is in the fan...
They do fail. A spark would indicate that something is in the outlet.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
(09-23-2017, 10:25 PM)JosephP Wrote: Can you get to the fan to check it?  Or can you unplug (or otherwise take out of the circuit) the fan and see if it still fails to reset?  If it resets with the can out, good bet it is in the fan...

The fan is in a housing that it a bit complicated to take apart.  I can do it, but I'd rather not end up making things worst.  I'll try to replace the outlet as a start.

(09-24-2017, 08:25 AM)David Stone Wrote: The fan is in a housing that it a bit complicated to take apart.  I can do it, but I'd rather not end up making things worst.  I'll try to replace the outlet as a start.

Since you're going to remove the GFCI receptacle anyway, just disconnect the leads on the "Load" side first, restore power, and see if it resets.  If it does, the problem is downstream.  If it does not, the problem is in the receptacle.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
http://www.thecircuitdetective.com/gfis.htm
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink