Electric code?
I just installed a laundry sink in my basement. I used a washer hook up for water, and the drain plumbing was right there.
There are 2 outlets very close. How far do they need to be from the sink? I can raise them higher on the wall- not much option left or right

(09-24-2017, 02:08 PM)goaliedad Wrote: I just installed a laundry sink in my basement. I used a washer hook up for water, and the drain plumbing was right there.
There are 2 outlets very close.  How far do they need to be from the sink? I can raise them higher on the wall- not much option left or right

I do not think there is a minimum distance but must be gfci if within 6'.    Think of the vanity in a bathroom, outllets, are very close.  Try to keep them out of a splash zone.   Roly
I'm not aware of any restrictions on receptacles in the vicinity of a laundry sink, other than GFCI protection.  Which you'll have anyway, since it's presumably in an unfinished basement.

In fact, most such language regarding receptacles near sinks are the opposite - they're required to be within a certain distance (which depends on function and location, like bathrooms vs kitchens).

Those distances (to sinks and between each other) are along a horizontal line, by the way, with vertical location within a different range.  So even if vertical location was a question, it has nothing to do with the horizontal location from a plumb line to the counter end, sink edge, each other, etc.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"