Veneer Bleed Through
(09-25-2017, 05:49 PM)Willyou Wrote: I appreciate your experience and advice. I will nervously follow it the next time with my fingers crossed. I must resist my gut that tells me to put glue on both sides which has worked well for me with non-porous and thicker veneers.
Thanks

I use rollers like these.  I cut them in half and use them with a 4-1/2" roller frame.  You will not have problems if you follow the PRG directions and use 1 lb of dry resin for every 40 sq. ft. of substrate.  I've glued up veneer in a vacuum bag and 1/4" thick bent laminations with clamps; doesn't matter, the bond is always good when putting glue only on one surface.  The only time I put glue on both surfaces is when I've used PRG to glue up M&T joints for a passage door. 

John
(09-24-2017, 03:52 PM)Willyou Wrote: I recently did some veneering work using white oak veneer. It will likely be no surprise to those of you who are experienced with veneer that I had lots of adhesive bleed through. I'm dealing with it on this project, but what is the best way to prevent it the next time. Is there a good way to seal the back side of the veneer before gluing it down. I usually use plastic resin glue for veneer.

Its why I hammer veneer. Never an issue.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)