Sargent plane yoke source
I have a 422 (Stanley #7 size) with a broken yolk. This is the small,part that rides in the brass adjusting wheel to,advance the iron. Does anyone know where I might find a replacement?
ken
ebay store called  nhplaneparts.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Donor plane. Find another Sargent plane--Bailey #5 sized or larger. The frogs probably use the same sized yoke. As far as that goes, a Stanley Bailey yoke might even work. The Sargent is a Bailey copy. Just make sure the wheel fits snug around the yoke--wheel/yoke mating slop is a usual contributor to adjuster backlash. It's not a fatal issue but does make the plane less fun to use.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
(09-25-2017, 08:29 PM)kenl Wrote: I have a 422 (Stanley #7 size) with a broken yolk. This is the small,part that rides in the brass adjusting wheel to,advance the iron. Does anyone know where I might find a replacement?

Don Wilwol is a member here and a good source of info on all things Sargent related.
Probably have one, can you provide a general measurement? Believe the largest I have is = to a #5 might be the same...

-- mos maiorum
(09-26-2017, 03:55 PM)Adnick Wrote: Probably have one, can you provide a general measurement?  Believe the largest I have is = to a #5 might be the same...

The distance from pin to center of the adjusting wheel is 1 3/16"  from the top of the yolk where it meets the blade is 1 7/16"
The diameter of the wheel at the point where it rides is 3/8" This is all pretty close and  also seem to be about what my Bedrock 605's are as well. Thanks for looking at this.  ken
I'll check the other sources later.
ken
Raining hard here today ( yep, unusual), the spare parts collection is down in the barn, so I'll probably not check until tomorrow.....

-- mos maiorum
So far no luck in sourcing a replacement yoke.
ken
Try Pete Niederberger, e-mail  pniederber@aol.com.  He's done well by me in the past.
(09-29-2017, 12:00 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Try Pete Niederberger, e-mail  pniederber@aol.com.  He's done well by me in the past.

Thanks Bill.
ken