What you do with .....
Several hundred 1-1/8" square by 1-3/4" long blocks of various hardwoods?  And nobody gwts to ask why I have so many 
Big Grin  The blanks are way too short to fabricate on normal woodworking tools (at least for me) so I'm thinking some sort of turning is the way to go.  I'm looking for some creative thoughts to turn these blanks into something useful - Xmas oenaments, jewelry, etc. - or shoukd I just bite the bullet and put them in the scrap bin.

Thanks
Rick
Rick

Separate by species and put them in a smoker with pork. Many will like that as a gift.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Glue them up into cutting boards and into turning blanks. I would post a picture of a segmented spoon plate I just finished but the new software won't let me.

You could also turn coasters from glue-ups.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Could use them to turn wine stoppers,for Christmas gifts.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Mini bird houses, snowmen, Christmas trees, icicles, and other tree ornaments. It's getting close to that time of year.
I've been saving all my pen blank cutoffs in a box and I intend to make a framed mosaic with them.  I may polish up the acrylic ones, but I think they'd make some very interesting art.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
+1 to all of the suggestion except to burning.
Yes

I am NOT a wood hoarder but a wood restorer.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Reminds me of a high school shop project [but not quite the same]. I don't remember the project, but the scrap was 1/2" cubes of mahogany. 2 cubes and a pen and there you have a pair of dice. When a teacher sees them and takes them away, no big deal. In 2 minutes you have made another set. Every teacher in the school had several confiscated sets in their desk. They finally decided that they had to have come from the wood shop and the shop class got a lecture. 
Smirk

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
segmented something or other
Cellulose runs through my veins!
[Image: 179%201_zpsjutrco7g.jpg]

[Image: new044.jpg][Image: 142.jpg]