Tormek T2000
I want to get a new T8 but I need to sell my 2000 first.
Any suggestions on a fair price?
It's in good condition and includes all the standard jigs plus a newer micro adjust tool rest.
Thanks
Mike
Why do you want to sell the 2000? It is essentially the same machine as the latest model. WHat I would instead do is get a CBN wheel for it. Then use it dry.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
I want to get the new stone truing tool, square edge jig and the turners kit. I'm thinking about just getting the turners bundle and having a brand new machine.
Mike, whether you get a new machine or not, look at the available CBN wheels from Woodturners Wonders. The advantage of CBN is that they do not wear out ... ever. You will never again need to true a wheel. You will not have to re-adjust your settings. The grind will be more reliable and predictable. You do not need water - no more mess! 

The CBN wheels are a game changer. In fact, I stopped using a Tormek and added CBN wheels to a half-speed 8" bench grinder. This arrangement grinds very cool, but much much faster than a Tormek. I still use all the Tormek fittings and jigs. I am optimised for flat woodworking, but this is not much, if any, different from a turner. In fact, a turner should use my set up before a Tormek because heat is not a factor with HSS or carbide tools (I turn as well).

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Mike, I do not have an answer for your question.  I just wanted to tell you Derek is wright.

About a month ago I got a CBN.  I use my Tormek jigs and life in the shop just got a lot easier!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
For a price I think I'd look at (shudder) ebay. Tormeks aren't the rage they were a few years ago and I'm thinking the older ones aren't selling that well anymore (from a guy who has the older one).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks for the info on the CBN wheel, I hadn't heard of them before.
I'll have to do some more research on them.

Part of the reason I want the new Tormek is I know a guy that has one for a really good price.
(09-30-2017, 12:47 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Mike, whether you get a new machine or not, look at the available CBN wheels from Woodturners Wonders. The advantage of CBN is that they do not wear out ... ever. You will never again need to true a wheel. You will not have to re-adjust your settings. The grind will be more reliable and predictable. You do not need water - no more mess! 

The CBN wheels are a game changer. In fact, I stopped using a Tormek and added CBN wheels to a half-speed 8" bench grinder. This arrangement grinds very cool, but much much faster than a Tormek. I still use all the Tormek fittings and jigs. I am optimised for flat woodworking, but this is not much, if any, different from a turner. In fact, a turner should use my set up before a Tormek because heat is not a factor with HSS or carbide tools (I turn as well).

Regards from Perth

Derek
Which CBN wheels do you all use and what grit?