cordless chainsaw
Any thoughts? I am looking at the Makitas
I'm really happy with my Ego lawnmower and weed trimmer. I would take a look at their chainsaw.
I have an Earthwise,only a little guy 10"bar,but it is great for branches and small trees.I have had it for two years and no problems.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I have the single battery Makita chainsaw. It cuts well. The chain has a tendency to become loose so you have to make sure you don't twist the blade while cutting.

I took off the end safety piece to allow it to make a bigger cut.

I mainly use it on car camping trips for prepping firewood.

For infrequent use you could also buy a long wood blade for your reciprocating saw.
(09-29-2017, 05:46 PM)Firebee Wrote: Any thoughts? I am looking at the Makitas

I have an electric chainsaw (a 9" one on a pole that can be removed and used as a chainsaw). Its 13A.....and its a toy. I cant imagine a cordless that is better.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Jeepers. How long would a battery last in a chainsaw?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

My Ryobi is more like a slow speed wood knawer . Toy is good description for it . I would rather be up 25 ft in a tree with electric .I bought the HF 9 amp . It leaks oil when it sit , but otherwise does what i ask of it . It wil run on my 1500 watt inverter in my work truck.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(10-07-2017, 01:18 PM)fishhh4 Wrote: My Ryobi is more like a slow speed wood knawer . Toy is good description for it . I would rather be up 25 ft in a tree with electric .I bought the HF 9 amp . It leaks oil when it sit , but otherwise does what i ask of it . It wil run on my 1500 watt inverter in my work truck.

Which one do you have?

I have the Ryobi 14" 40-volt brushless one that I have used and find it to be a very substantial machine. It took down a 10' pair of Holly bushes on a single charge, and I have also used it for other work. I would not think twice about using it to cut an 8" log. This is definitely not a toy.
(10-07-2017, 07:25 PM)RJH30518 Wrote: Which one do you have?

I have the Ryobi 14" 40-volt brushless one that I have used and find it to be a very substantial machine. It took down a 10' pair of Holly bushes on a single charge, and I have also used it for other work. I would not think twice about using it to cut an 8" log. This is definitely not a toy.

mine is 18 volt .

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

Like most things, they aren't all created equal.

The bigger Stihl 200 electric is probably comparable to a small gas saw for cutting speed, and has a decent battery life, but it's also over $500US. Comparing that to a $150 "wood gnawer" isn't really a fair comparison. 

But the better units are now to the stage where they are a useful tool for lighter use. Gardening, construction, fencing etc. They aren't ready to go out and start taking down Redwood trees yet. 
Laugh