Hybrid Roubo - Finished!!
Thanks Duane,

Everything I make has at least to be functional but I do try to aim for "smart" as well.
I'm making all this for myself and my children and I hope when they're using my tools in the future they are still proud of them.
Trust me - it's not perfect. I could waffle on for hours about all the mistakes I made building it.
Everything I make is a prototype really.

Regards,

Mark
Great looking bench!  Awesome actually!   But I have a question.....is that a woodshop or a research lab?  
Big Grin   Man oh man, that is one CLEAN shop!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
You should have seen it before I tidied up!

Can't stand working in a mess and my workshop is not enormous so soon becomes cluttered etc - then I can't find things. That's why it's always a pleasure when a project finishes - I can clean up!

Thinking of selling the tablesaw to free up some space - rarely use it.

The cutter/grinder is definitely going and the clocks/speakers are also due out of the workshop so there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Regards,

Mark
that sure is a nice Bench.
(10-02-2017, 06:21 AM)mpmckenzie Wrote: Thanks Duane,

Everything I make has at least to be functional but I do try to aim for "smart" as well.
I'm making all this for myself and my children and I hope when they're using my tools in the future they are still proud of them.
Trust me - it's not perfect. I could waffle on for hours about all the mistakes I made building it.
Everything I make is a prototype really.

Regards,

Mark

As a wildlife photographer I can understand that you see everything not perfect with it because I'm the same way with my images.  What I normally delete some people would love to capture something close to it and I can dissect mine to death what's wrong with a certain image.

Again, very nice craftsmanship and I'm sure future generations will get great use out of it.
Hi Duane,

The creative process is a never-ending pursuit of unachievable perfection. To constantly try is what matters though I make many mistakes along the way.

It's funny but I'd never have described myself as creative in the past (coming from a medical background) and definitely not an artist and yet others do. Maybe that's the ultra self-critical thing coming out again.

Have decided a wall-hanging tool cabinet is the next big project. If I can make that without using the tablesaw then it'll be up for sale.

Regards,

Mark
(10-02-2017, 08:11 AM)mpmckenzie Wrote: Thinking of selling the tablesaw to free up some space - rarely use it.
Regards,
Mark

I did. Don't miss it.
Ag
Nice job. You should send Chris Schwartz a picture he'd love it.
Don
Very nice work. I love to see workbenches.
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

Maybe I will send a photo to Chris - he was a huge inspiration after all. Can't hurt to say thank you. Jim Tolpin is another inspiration.

Ag - think I'll keep the bandsaw and planer/thicknesser but the tablesaw's days are numbered I reckon. Good to hear that you don't miss yours.

Best wishes,

Mark