Source for KD Yellow Pine?
I need maybe 4 or 5 boards of KD yellow pine, preferably 5/4, minimum 6" wide x 7' long.  Anyone know a source?  I used to be able to buy the stuff most anywhere.  Now I can't find it anywhere local, so it's time to cast a wider net.  Thanks. 

John
Steve Wall Lumber
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Paxton's used to carry KD 1x12's in SPF or Yellow pine
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-05-2017, 07:54 PM)Admiral Wrote: Steve Wall Lumber

Thanks very much.  They do indeed have yellow pine.  Didn't see any on Paxton's website, however.  

Fortunately, I was able to show my customer that I can produce the color he wants with white ash, which I have in stock, and he likes the grain it has, so I won't need to order any pine.  It also means I can exchange the Douglas fir I first bought for this project.  At $11/BF, thanks to a government tariff on Canadian wood, I'm really happy to return it for Sapele, a true bargain at $5.50/BF, and superior in every way that matters to me. 

John
(10-07-2017, 02:37 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Didn't see any on Paxton's website, however.  

John, you will do much better at Steve Wall, they are set up so anyone can buy. Today you may be able to buy at Frank Paxton's Midwest locations, however maybe tomorrow you won't. They have vacillated back and forth between Pro/Account only, and anyone can buy. We have a location here in Cincinnati, and they are usually the last place I would consider looking. Too high price, so so quality, and personnel who you may choose never to deal with again
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(10-10-2017, 04:29 PM)Steve N Wrote: John, you will do much better at Steve Wall, they are set up so anyone can buy. Today you may be able to buy at Frank Paxton's Midwest locations, however maybe tomorrow you won't. They have vacillated back and forth between Pro/Account only, and anyone can buy. We have a location here in Cincinnati, and they are usually the last place I would consider looking. Too high price, so so quality, and personnel who you may choose never to deal with again
Big Grin

Thanks Steve.  Mail order is my option of last resort.  We have a local millwork shop (Custom Millwork Supply, N. Tonawanda, NY) that also sells wood to the public and they have met most of my needs for wood I don't mill myself.  There are a few other options locally, but this place is pretty convenient and has very good selection, quality, and prices.  That said, I would not hesitate to buy from Steve Wall if there were no local alternative. Their prices looked pretty good and their website is set up to easily estimate shipping costs. 

John
Plus Wall Lumber has a well documented history of very satisfied clients on here, Lumber Jocks, and the Creek place.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW