Lee Valley - Veritas 40th Anniversary?
Ten years ago, LV issued the 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Stainless Steel Edge plane (of which I have 2 still new in the box and for sale listed in SnS), but I havent seen any mention of a 40th Anniversary plane yet.

Did I miss it?
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Maybe they can't decide which of their planes to issue in an anniversary edition.
(10-05-2017, 05:39 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: Maybe they can't decide which of their planes to issue in an anniversary edition.

Has it been that long, I better prepare my wife for a future purchase.
(10-05-2017, 01:45 PM)Gregory of Sherwood Forest Wrote: Ten years ago, LV issued the 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Stainless Steel Edge plane (of which I have 2 still new in the box and for sale listed in SnS), but I havent seen any mention of a 40th Anniversary plane yet.

Did I miss it?

Hi Greg,

You're sure on the ball! 

We will celebrate the completion of 40 years of business starting Sept 2018. We are currently in our 40th year of catalog operation.

Technically, since we incorporated in 1976, and sold barrel stove kits for a few years, our anniversary has passed....

We will certainly have a special plane for next fall, along with other events and offers.

Cheers,

Rob
(10-06-2017, 10:40 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: Hi Greg,

You're sure on the ball! 

We will celebrate the completion of 40 years of business starting Sept 2018. We are currently in our 40th year of catalog operation.

Technically, since we incorporated in 1976, and sold barrel stove kits for a few years, our anniversary has passed....

We will certainly have a special plane for next fall, along with other events and offers.

Cheers,

Rob

You have my CC on file, just go ahead and charge me now for one of each.
Laugh
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
Thanks for the heads-up, Rob. I enjoy the fantastic tools you and the LV team put together for us, and have several of the limited edition pieces, and a load of the rest, also. I'll be near the front of the line, hopefully. I'm an eager patron.

Obviously.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
(10-06-2017, 10:40 AM)Rob Lee Wrote: Hi Greg,

You're sure on the ball! 

Cheers,

Rob

Hmmm, that sounds like the best reason in a long time to get around to getting my passport renewed.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(10-07-2017, 08:03 PM)iclark Wrote: Hmmm, that sounds like the best reason in a long time to get around to getting my passport renewed.

I could foresee a road trip to Ottawa next mid-September for an event......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Weelll, my 45th will be next month.....just saying....
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(10-08-2017, 10:47 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Weelll, my 45th will be next month.....just saying....
Winkgrin

I sometimes feel like a youngster in the distinguished company here, but I got 20 yrs on ya (also next month). So, most days I just feel like a newb.
Laugh

Also just saying...
Winkgrin
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.