Primo Planes for Sale !
Always good to hear from you, Mike.
Yes
Assuming I followed directions well ( something I am not known for), I should get PM's now. By the way, the IR on the LN 8C was a $30 upgrade and when they ran out, cocobolo became a $50 upgrade. And, of course, the corrugation raised the price from LN as well. I don't see the "C" option offered as routine on the LN site.

Just to update a bit, a bit over a year ago I had a stroke- on Father's Day before last. I could not speak clearly and lost track of "myself"- I was with my family so they got me to a good ER within minutes of my arrival for the celebration. I also could not grip items in my hands . The "lost in the ozone" time was the scariest part. So far the only permanent damage is a "hitch" in my left leg which when combined with my absence of lumbar space and right leg nerve damage makes me quite unsteady when moving. On top of that, I was diagnosed locally with sleep apnea-90% central brain- but wrong device provided. Went to Mayo in MN where the diagnosis was confirmed and in addition, a REM sleep disorder that is scary stuff when combined with the apnea. Though I had used the original device faithfully and Medicare considered it paid for, after Mayo Rx'd a different device, Medicare refuses to pay for a replacement. There is no satisfactory treatment for the REM problem so both go untreated.

Then I have reached to point where both shoulders are "frozen" and surgery is required. On my dominant left arm, the tendon entrapment goes down to just above my wrist and both shoulders and the left elbow sound like Rice Krispies just doused with milk. I can barely pick up any # 8 plane, let alone use one. However, it is the mentally "going away" that is my greatest risk in day or night, assuming I wake up from the nights. Just picture my relationship with routers-even in a table.

So, that is the story. I have missed all of you greatly and I appreciate the welcome words of friendship. Now, I fear finding out what dear friends here have been lost to us.
(10-07-2017, 10:00 AM)jpop Wrote: I tried to send you a message to your email but it is invalid. My email is jackchrissy@hotmail.com.

I have confirmation that the email address is valid if you do the standard replace "at" with "@"

Because of the move, Mike is not getting much time at a computer, so please be patient if email replies are a bit delayed in coming.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(10-08-2017, 04:02 PM)Mtobey Wrote: Assuming I followed directions well ( something I am not known for), I should get PM's now. By the way, the IR on the LN 8C was a $30 upgrade and when they ran out, cocobolo became a $50 upgrade. And, of course, the corrugation raised the price from LN as well. I don't see the "C" option offered as routine on the LN site.

Just to update a bit, a bit over a year ago I had a stroke- on Father's Day before last. I could not speak clearly and lost track of "myself"- I was with my family so they got me to a good ER within minutes of my arrival for the celebration. I also could not grip items in my hands . The "lost in the ozone" time was the scariest part. So far the only permanent damage is a "hitch" in my left leg which when combined with my absence of lumbar space and right leg nerve damage makes me quite unsteady when moving. On top of that, I was diagnosed locally with sleep apnea-90% central brain- but wrong device provided. Went to Mayo in MN where the diagnosis was confirmed and in addition, a REM sleep disorder that is scary stuff when combined with the apnea. Though I had used the original device faithfully and Medicare considered it paid for, after Mayo Rx'd a different device, Medicare refuses to pay for a replacement. There is no satisfactory treatment for the REM problem so both go untreated.

Then I have reached to point where both shoulders are "frozen" and surgery is required. On my dominant left arm, the tendon entrapment goes down to just above my wrist and both shoulders and the left elbow sound like Rice Krispies just doused with milk. I can barely pick up any # 8 plane, let alone use one. However, it is the mentally "going away" that is my greatest risk in day or night, assuming I wake up from the nights. Just picture my relationship with routers-even in a table.

So, that is the story. I have missed all of you greatly and I appreciate the welcome words of friendship. Now, I fear finding out what dear friends here have been lost to us.
Judge, I am so sorry to hear of your health problems..I am including your name in my prayer list and hope that you will join us as often as you can..I have often thought of you and our "sharpening" conversations from years ago..when "the old gang" was here as we kicked the can down the road...
Sigh
Sigh
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(10-09-2017, 09:48 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Judge, I am so sorry to hear of your health problems..I am including your name in my prayer list and hope that you will join us as often as you can..I have often thought of you and our "sharpening" conversations from years ago..when "the old gang" was here as we kicked the can down the road...
Sigh  
Sigh
Thanks, Jack. It makes me happy to hear you are still OK and still here on Woodnet. I was worrying I might return to having lost a genuine friend. Thank you for the kind words and thoughts. You have often been in my prayers.
(10-09-2017, 07:46 PM)Mtobey Wrote: Thanks, Jack. It makes me happy to hear you are still OK and still here on Woodnet. I was worrying I might return to having lost a genuine friend. Thank you for the kind words and thoughts. You have often been in my prayers.

Mike, I do not know you but remember your handle - best of luck with your health challenges!

Doug
Is the LN #8 still available?
(10-17-2017, 07:52 PM)amtc Wrote: Is the LN #8 still available?

Sorry for the delay in responding. It is available- I am reducing the price to $400 plus shipping.
Reduced prices; LN8 is $400 plus shipping and Stanley Bedrock 608C is $175 plus shipping. Jim has first "dibs."
(10-18-2017, 07:37 AM)Mtobey Wrote: Reduced prices; LN8 is $400 plus shipping and Stanley Bedrock 608C is $175 plus shipping. Jim has first "dibs."

Email sent on the LN8 if still available - Thanks