Blum Slides & Drawers
I'll be making several draws for the Blum 562H slides. I've watched several how to videos.\
Just asking if there are any pit falls I need to avoid and suggestions that anyone might have
Jim
(10-07-2017, 06:33 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I'll be making several draws for the Blum 562H slides. I've watched several how to videos.\
Just asking if there are any pit falls I need to avoid and suggestions that anyone might have

Make a sample drawer as they are different than what you are used to.   Remember the width of the drawer is based upon the inside measurement of the width as they mount inside.   Cut a dado in the back for the slide, then  to locate the back hole instead of all the measuring just place the slide in position and tap it.   The point that goes in the hole will mark it.   Place the locking tab in the front corner and drill for the mounting screws.
 The hardest part is to determine the drawer width which you work backwards from the opening width which determines the inside drawer width.  Hope this makes sense.   Roly
Making the sample drawer is an excellent suggestion! I printed off the Blum drawings and measured and remeasured and got close but not perfect, but close enough. A sample drawer--even just nailed together--would have solved that.

I also pushed the drawer onto the rear prongs to determine the location of the holes.

Best drawer slides I've ever used.