Please help me date my Unisaw...
Hello,
My Unisaw was purchased back in the 1980s, and I'm getting ready to sell it to upgrade to a Hammer.  The serial number is: 87D17755; Delta Catalog Number:  34-802F.  Can someone help me find the year it was made, and is there anyway to tell if it was made in the USA?
Thanks for the help!
(10-07-2017, 01:01 PM)Israel Wrote: Hello,
My Unisaw was purchased back in the 1980s, and I'm getting ready to sell it to upgrade to a Hammer.  The serial number is: 87D17755; Delta Catalog Number:  34-802F.  Can someone help me find the year it was made, and is there anyway to tell if it was made in the USA?
Thanks for the help!

I don't feel like looking it up on vintage machines to be 100% certain but I'm 99% sure that it is April of 1987. USA made for sure if it is in fact a Unisaw and not one of the "contractor saw in a unisaw cabinet"  models.
(10-07-2017, 01:35 PM)jlanciani Wrote: I don't feel like looking it up on vintage machines to be 100% certain but I'm 99% sure that it is April of 1987. USA made for sure if it is in fact a Unisaw and not one of the "contractor saw in a unisaw cabinet"  models.

Thanks!  It is indeed a Unisaw.... 3HP and not a contractor saw.  Unfortunately lacks the modern safety features, but otherwise has been a great saw.  The date makes sense because I bought it in 1988, if memory serves...
Appreciate the help!
Fact- "87D..." = April of 1987.
All USA made.
One day, Chuck Norris ordered two pizzas to go.  They went.
And that's as authoritative as you can get.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"