Kerf Spacing Calculator for bending wood
I've just added a Kerf Spacing Calculator to blocklayer.com, that some of you may find useful.
It works out the geometric spacing of the cuts so when bent, the inside edges of the cuts join to create the curve.
The depth of the cuts (and remaining wood thickness for the bend) can't be calculated (that I can work out anyway). That seems to be the art of it. Depends on the wood and the dimensions. Trial and error?
But this will produce simple geometric diagrams, so you can see the wood and cuts both straight and bent, and drag sliders to animate angle, radius, cut width etc to see what changes.
It also creates a full scale template to mark out the cuts.
https://www.blocklayer.com/kerf-spacingeng.aspx
It obviously can't be 100% accurate, but should give a pretty close idea of what sort of a bend you'll get for the entered dimensions.
If it needs editing, additions, fixing or you have any other ideas for improvements, please let me know.