Interior Design for Bedrooms
Built-in wall units go a long ways towards establishing the interior design for bedrooms. They can be custom built to make perfect storage for peoples wardrobes as well as create a spot for the TV and whatever books or display objects you’d like to see in your bedroom. 
Here is what our client had at the foot of their bed beforehand. They needed much more storage

[Image: 8cN9leqP_o.jpg]

Here is our first drawing …… followed by the final drawing. Client needed more hanging space & less shelf space for clothes. We also decided to go without pulls or knobs by making the doors & drawers touch latch. They now make under-mount drawer slides that do this well and still roll in and out like silk.

[Image: NpBx6XEF_o.jpg]

[Image: gy2tpSio_o.jpg]

They wanted a clean, modern design and I wanted to create a piece that was more than just functional. I selected natural, blonde (no stain) maple for the material, clear tung oil and clear urethane for the top coats. One of the few places I had to show any detail at all was the right, outside, vertical corner. I decided to round-over edge (1.25” radius). Here are two close-up shots of that base cab & upper cab with the rounded stiles. I left the last 6 inches square at the floor and the ceiling to wrap both crown and base moldings square around that corner.

[Image: UDRszFhs_o.jpg]

[Image: 8BglUza5_o.jpg]

As this outside, vertical edge was now round, the counter top would look best if rounded in that corner as well (to match). 
Here you see how I affixed solid maple to the plywood’s edge and marked the radius I wanted to achieve. I used a belt sander for the radius & a large router to ‘round over’ the entire counter’s top edge. 

[Image: wSWuRxIT_o.jpg]

[Image: d7B4d87I_o.jpg]

Here are a number of shots showing the installation. We began by repositioned the power & data lines (behind the TV) and began installing from the corner, left to right.

[Image: Qqf2lM0R_o.jpg]

[Image: Y7K41rO6_o.jpg]

[Image: tNhuIoF2_o.jpg]

[Image: hOLUpeli_o.jpg]

Though they had yet to fill it up, I took a shot of it after we wall mounted the TV and placed a few objects on the shelves.

[Image: HFGt8yhD_o.jpg]

I’ve spoken with them since. They are very pleased with how it turned out. We work pretty hard to make sure a client says that .
"Courage is knowing what not to fear."
www.hudsoncabinetmaking.com
Top notch!

Always enjoy your work.

Ed
As usual very nice work Russell. Also a different style, not your normal Early American/Farm House look.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Was really hoping for a nicely framed mirror on the ceiling...
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Really nice work Russel.  The design looks very much like Hulsta or Pogenpohl in Germany about 30 or 4 years ago.  That's not meant as a negative comment, rather, that good design often is timeless, with only small changes in materials or finishes as tastes change.  

John
Very nice! While I could never equate it to anything as specific as John does, it's easy to see the simplicity and function of the piece will age well.

Seeing this makes me miss working at a cabinet shop so much... Oh what I'd do for a shop with enough space to make this sort of stuff.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
I like it a lot too.  The clean lines, beautiful workmanship and plenty of storage.

My only concern is the enclosed TV area.  I once built a TV cabinet for the living room sized for a 36" Sony tube TV.  Well we all know what happened - wide-screened TVs and growing all the time.  Might not make a big difference in a bedroom, but I'll never make an enclosed TV area again.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Gorgeous and very well executed.
Outstanding! Well done.
This is an old post, resurrected by someone who probably doesn't belong here.  

John