Stanley 39
I have an opportunity to make an offer on one on line. 3/8 wide, with both nickers and seems to work as intended.
What is a fair offer?
Ag
I'd think it depends on whether it's gonna be a user or a mantle piece. A user doesn't need to be perfect so a lower price but if it will sit on your display case and is in mint condition, then expect to dole out a bit more greenbacks.

For a daily user,.........maybe up to 50-75 shipping included

Display in mint condition.......150ish.

Others will chime in and say I'm way off base, and if I am I apologize.
(10-09-2017, 06:09 PM)Tynyyn Wrote: I'd think it depends on whether it's gonna be a user or a mantle piece.  A user doesn't need to be perfect so a lower price but if it will sit on your display case and is in mint condition, then expect to dole out a bit more greenbacks.

For a daily user,.........maybe up to 50-75 shipping included

Display in mint condition.......150ish.

Others will chime in and say I'm way off base, and if I am I apologize.

Thank you. It is a user, nothing pretty to look at.
I've sold users for $65
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-09-2017, 06:48 PM)Admiral Wrote: I've sold users for $65

Thanks Rich and Ty...
Ag
(10-09-2017, 05:25 PM)AgGEM Wrote: I have an opportunity to make an offer on one on line. 3/8 wide, with both nickers and seems to work as intended.
What is a fair offer?
Ag

I agree with $50 as an offering price with an upper limit of $75 if negotiating.  

Shipping USPS should be in the neighborhood of $18 for a suitable box and PROPER PACKING.  You don't want a $75 worth of broken cast iron.
Smile
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I gave one complete 39 3/8s away several months ago to the disabled woodworker here and I think I still have another one complete if that one goes to high.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
This is one of the #39s Arlin gave away.....I had to replace a few parts, but it works, now...
Winkgrin 

Needs a batten to guide it across the board...

Helps if you do a knife/saw cut on the far end...
Cool

Or a bead or two.  This #39 cuts a 3/8" wide dado. 

Do not confuse one of these with a rebate plane..
Rolleyes 

Whole nother animal.....the #78 is for rebates.  Closest it gets to a dado, is on the end of a board.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that