Mobile lathe stand
I turn in the basement. Even with air filtration.....the wife says the smell when turning plastics is too much. Can't argue the acrylics and others even antler do smell. So I figure on building a mobile base I can use both inside and out. The thing is it can be no more than 26" wide to fit out the door. Between being narrower than the stand its mounted to now it would also be on casters. Has anyone been here done this and if so anything to share? Thanks
I have seen some decent mobile bases for mini-lathes. Some even have a drop leaf and a storage area for the bed extension.

As the lathe size goes up, the requirements on the base do as well.

What kind of lathe are you using? Do you do much green turning?

What sort of threshold do you need to go over when you move the lathe in and out of the basement? Double-locking casters help a lot. I have had good luck with the ones from Woodcraft. As a general rule, the bigger the bump that you need to go over, the larger the wheel should be (if you don't want to fight it or lift it a lot).
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I forget where I seen it but several people made benches with folding wheels so it will sit flat on the floor.  Also it does not matter how wide really but how much weight is holding it down.  So I say find the flip up wheels (4" or 5" to go over bumps) and put 100 to 250lbs under the lathe.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I made my own.  Most lathes are too long for something like a shop fox or other mobile stand to span the length.  I made two platforms that have four locking casters each on them.  One platform at the head and the other at the tail.  The legs of my lathe stand have feet that can be bolted to the stands I built.   I used the smallest diameter wheels I could find that support the weight of the lathe and whatever else I'd be turning.  Any mobile stand will raise the height of your lathe, so in my case, being of average height, I just lay multiple layers of anti-fatigue mats that I stand on while turning.  In addition to raising my height while turning, they also prevent my feet and knees from getting sore.  I also built a mobile lathe accessories cabinet that fits under the lathe when not in use.  The cabinet has drawers on one side and a cabinet door on the other.  The drawers hold chucks, jaws, measuring tools, live centers, etc.  Another drawer has sanding supplies.  The cabinet has steady rests and my Longworth chuck.  My turning tools are in a stationary cabinet elsewhere in my shop that also includes my grinder.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I made this one: Plansnow Lathe Stand

Works very well.  I substituted drawers for the cabinet door on the lower right.
Thanks all. That helps with the design