Plunge Routers
I am in the market for a new 2hp or 3hp plunge router and I am debating between the DeWalt DW621 or the Triton TRA001 3-1/4 hp router or the Triton 2hp Version - MOF001.  Any differences between them in your experience?  What sold you on one or the other?  I already own an older bosch and also 3hp DeWalt Router that is mounted in my router table and looking for a good plunge router to use for other projects.
Thanks!
You may also want to consider the Bosch 1617 kit. It's in the power range you are looking for and converts from a fixed base to the plunge base. I've got 2 and they work very well for me.
(10-10-2017, 08:40 PM)dg152 Wrote: You may also want to consider the Bosch 1617 kit.  It's in the power range you are looking for and converts from a fixed base to the plunge base.  I've got 2 and they work very well for me.

awesome.  thanks i will look into that one!
I have the Triton M0F001 and it has a few quirks the make it less appealing then I thought it would be. The handles sit fairly high, which makes it a little awkward to use and not as easy to control, at least for me. My main complaint is the plastic shield gets coated with dust, from static electricity and makes it hard to see where you are going with the bit. I originally got it to try and avoid getting a lift and be able to use it in my table as well but it didn't work well for me in that aspect either and I got a PC 7815 and a lift, for my table work. After doing a lot of research, I recently got a Bosch MRC23EVSK combo kit and I absolutely love this router setup. I highly recommend you taking a look at the MRC23, over the ones you named.
Earl
I have a 3HP Bosch plunge and a 2.25 HP Milwaukee plunge router.  I only use the 3 HP in the table, because of the size and the weight.  I like the 2.25 HP for plunge work.  I find I have much better control. I do not like where the switch is on the Milwaukee, and I don't like the plunge lock, but I put up with them because of the better overall control.   I can't help you decide between the DeWalt and Triton, but I gave you my opinion on what to size router to  use for a hand held
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I have that Triton in use on my FMT, and while it's great for that I wouldn't choose it as my only plunge router. The "quirks" that retfr8flyr mentioned (good name for them) make it less than appealing for everyday use. It's a clever, fairly well made, router but not my first choice. The Milwaukee 5616 with a plunge base would be my choice, but the Bosch mentioned also gets rave reviews. I remember Pat Warner (routermen) always sang praises of the Dewalt 621, so I'm sure it's worth considering...I just think a combo kit wold be far more useful.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Another vote for the Bosch kit. Very quality tool.
Wood is good. 
This info on the DW621 might be helpful.

http://patwarner.com/dw621.html
I too, really like my Bosch 1617, but I would look at the Bosch MRC23EVSK as mentioned above if I were in the market for a new one.   But IIRC, the venerable 1617, besides having a really good track record, has a wider opening in the fixed base than most routers, Bosch or otherwise, which allows it to spin larger bits.  That was really important to me.  

John
Should have mentioned that my Bosch router is model MR23EVS.
Wood is good.