Plunge Routers
(10-10-2017, 04:07 PM)Johnny Currado Wrote: I am in the market for a new 2hp or 3hp plunge router and I am debating between the DeWalt DW621 or the Triton TRA001 3-1/4 hp router or the Triton 2hp Version - MOF001.  Any differences between them in your experience?  What sold you on one or the other?  I already own an older bosch and also 3hp DeWalt Router that is mounted in my router table and looking for a good plunge router to use for other projects.
Thanks!

I would definitely get the DW 621 has such smooth plunge action light enough for handheld and lots of power for cuts of all types. Great dust collection as well.
Just my personal experience.
Tim
Either of the Triton's are a super deal considering cost. If more $$$$$ is OK, get the Bosch package. I wouldn't buy anything branded DeWalley today, it's rapidly becoming a junk line, and HF has better quality tools. The height of the handles on the Triton's is a Goose chase. Look at pics of any plunge router, and they will be higher than a fixed base. Most product pics show the router wearing the fixed, with the plunger base alone next to it. If it fit your budget I sure wouldn't eliminate the Triton's due to something about the handles being too high. As to the dust on any type of glass shield being any type of a real problem.  Gimme a break A clothes dryer sheet not on the list, may be the best to keep dust clear.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW