Wedge size calculations.
Attached are two pdf files that I created to show the sizes of a wedge needed to create a ring of rough diameter x. The table allows you to select a diameter for a ring and then reading across the line the sizes needed using different angle wedges.
For example a 4" ring could be made using 6- 12 segments, 6 – 24 segment and 9 – 36 segment Cutting at 1.07, .53 and .35 . From the decimal table.
The fractional table is a little harder to read, I could not come up with a way to display fractions in a compact manner. So 1 and 1/4 would be represented in the table as 1(16).

.pdf   sawmillfractional.pdf (Size: 51.85 KB / Downloads: 184)

.pdf   SawmillDecimal.pdf (Size: 52.92 KB / Downloads: 202)

Bob
What does row 5 represent on the decimal table and row 6 on the fraction table?
(10-11-2017, 09:16 PM)Angus Wrote: What does row 5 represent on the decimal table and row 6 on the fraction table?
Thanks for asking, I had trouble as how to explain it.  Hope this helps.  Let me know and I will try again....

Row 5 across shows the arc angle of the cut segments in a ring and down is the  diameter of the ring.
It is just 360 degrees divided by row 4    ie 360/8  = 45.  
The way you can cut segments with a wedge sled I found it easier to think of the angles as what part of the circle -- arc angle instead of the normal way you would set the miter gauge to cut each side of the wedge.   If you were using a miter gauge to get both sides of the wedge the same you would need to divide this number in half.
Bob