How long to let concrete cure?
How long do I need to let the concrete for my pergola post foots cure before I can install Tapcons and wedge bolts? I don't want to guess the level of the patio so I was going to install the sonotubes a little high and then cut them off at the level of the patio once it is laid. Two of my posts will have decorative pillars built around them so I need to be quick about pouring the concrete and installing the post bases and posts.
A full cure takes 28 days if you go by how long they prevented us from driving over a new road surface on a small local bridge. I don’t know how that relates to driving Tapcons.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(10-13-2017, 06:53 AM)Bope Wrote: How long do I need to let the concrete for my pergola post foots cure before I can install Tapcons and wedge bolts? I don't want to guess the level of the patio so I was going to install the sonotubes a little high and then cut them off at the level of the patio once it is laid. Two of my posts will have decorative pillars built around them so I need to be quick about pouring the concrete and installing the post bases and posts.

You could pour sample block(s) of concrete to use to test.

Typically you can drill/anchor within a couple of days (but can depend on how much concrete is left from the edge of hole, too close and you stand a good (meaning not good) chance of spalling the concrete). 
I just would not "load" the foundation for at least a week.
You could also use an embed type anchor rather than a drill in to avoid the potential concussion damage of a hammer drill
You could leave a Wilson sleeve in the concrete and grout the anchor bolt... http://www.wilsonanchorboltsleeve.com/

Just my $0.02
Get the high early strength in the red bag. Quickrete. It's only a buck more a bag. I believe it gets to 5000 in 24 hours. Maybe it's 3500 at 24hr and 5000 at 3 days. It is highly temp dependent.

All that info is on the bag. Tapcon should spec their assumptions such as 4000psi strength or something
Can you attach J or L bolts to the plate then push down in wet cement ?   Or a jig to hole the plate at correct elevation then pour concrete ?   Put grease or Vaseline on threads as concrete will be sure and get on them.  Roly
I've drilled for wedge anchors after letting the concrete cure for 24 hours without a problem. However, if you can set J-bolts in the wet concrete, that's preferred. You just need to tamp the concrete back around the bolt after you push it into the wet concrete.
BOPE - Depends on the type of concrete used. I just did a pour of concrete 5000 from HD. I could walk on it in 3 hrs, put 2500 lbs on it in like 3 days and in 27 days be fully cured. If I were you, and you want to do it right, set the J-bolts when pouring. They come in various lengths and I like to have atleast 4" into the concrete.