HANDTOOLS: Crispy Stanley 18 1/4 Knuckle Cap Block
Here's a really nice example of the knuckle-joint lever cap 18 1/4 standard angle block.  If I had the box, it could be close to the edge of being collector quality.  Zero apologies other than small losses of japanning along the top edge of the cheeks and a few spots on the lever cap, so 99% japanning; all original parts.  Not much use, plenty of iron, virtually full, I sharpened it up, it works very well and its ready for use.  All nickle plated, cap, wheel and front knob, very classy look.  Best cap design ever made.  Teaser pic of see-through full width shavings:

[Image: 23769137108_8996dd234b_b.jpg]

[As an aside, LOL, when I was a younger man, I wouldn't be talking about see-through shavings, but see-through nighties on my bride!!!  Wednesday was my 42nd wedding anniversary, which is why this comes to mind......now before this discussion devolves totally into the gutter....... back to the tool]

Anyway, for the rest of the pics see the Flickr album where you can easily enlarge the pics:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...6141430342

I got a good deal on this one, so it can be yours for the very reasonable price of $40 plus shipping.  18 1/2s in this condition don't come up very often and at this price I don't think it will last long, so if you've got a block plane itch to scratch, start clicking the mouse sooner rather than later.

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full shipping info so I can quote postage and print up mailing labels.  I don't have paypal or any other EFT technologies, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are just dandy.

Quality tools ready to go that I would gladly own.  Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-13-2017, 10:09 AM)Admiral Wrote: Here's a really nice example of the knuckle-joint lever cap 18 1/4 standard angle block.  If I had the box, it could be close to the edge of being collector quality.  Zero apologies other than small losses of japanning along the top edge of the cheeks and a few spots on the lever cap, so 99% japanning; all original parts.  Not much use, plenty of iron, virtually full, I sharpened it up, it works very well and its ready for use.  All nickle plated, cap, wheel and front knob, very classy look.  Best cap design ever made.  Teaser pic of see-through full width shavings:

[As an aside, LOL, when I was a younger man, I wouldn't be talking about see-through shavings, but see-through nighties on my bride!!!  Wednesday was my 42nd wedding anniversary, which is why this comes to mind......now before this discussion devolves totally into the gutter....... back to the tool]

Anyway, for the rest of the pics see the Flickr album where you can easily enlarge the pics:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...6141430342

I got a good deal on this one, so it can be yours for the very reasonable price of $40 plus shipping.  18 1/2s in this condition don't come up very often and at this price I don't think it will last long, so if you've got a block plane itch to scratch, start clicking the mouse sooner rather than later.

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full shipping info so I can quote postage and print up mailing labels.  I don't have paypal or any other EFT technologies, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are just dandy.

Another nice tool Rich.  Good luck with sale, and congrats on 42 years.
(10-13-2017, 10:09 AM)Admiral Wrote: i will take the 18 1/4 knuckle joint block plane. also the everlast in your other post. pm on its way.

thanks kenny

Here's a really nice example of the knuckle-joint lever cap 18 1/4 standard angle block.  If I had the box, it could be close to the edge of being collector quality.  Zero apologies other than small losses of japanning along the top edge of the cheeks and a few spots on the lever cap, so 99% japanning; all original parts.  Not much use, plenty of iron, virtually full, I sharpened it up, it works very well and its ready for use.  All nickle plated, cap, wheel and front knob, very classy look.  Best cap design ever made.  Teaser pic of see-through full width shavings:

(10-13-2017, 10:44 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: ........ congrats on 42 years.

Thanks, it was pretty uneventful, we shared a box of ice cream!
Congrats on the 42nd anniversary!

Most people here probably already know, but you can't simply go wrong with anything from Admiral.
(10-13-2017, 01:04 PM)wrb Wrote: Congrats on the 42nd anniversary!

Most people here probably already know, but you can't simply go wrong with anything from Admiral.

Gee, thanks on both counts.

Oh, #18 1/4 is sold to Kenny.

Thanks to all for looking.
Good snag for Kenny.

Sounds like an even better snag for you 42 years ago.
Smile 

Congratulations on achieving the answer to life, the universe, and everything with LOYL.
Yes
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(10-13-2017, 05:08 PM)iclark Wrote: Good snag for Kenny.

Sounds like an even better snag for you 42 years ago.
Smile 

Congratulations on achieving the answer to life, the universe, and everything with LOYL.
Yes

Thanks, but it's a real journey, my bride is not always happy with me.
Congratulations! 42 years is a while. We are stumbling along to 39(?) 40(?)....

Anyway, I must ask. Does that cap have any indication of manufacturer? I have a hybrid MF 53 with identical knuckle cap ... But no identification on it. I think it uses a Craftsman iron. None of Stanley's blades fit. 

Thanks, and another 40 peek-a-boos!
(10-14-2017, 08:10 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Congratulations! 42 years is a while. We are stumbling along to 39(?) 40(?)....

Anyway, I must ask. Does that cap have any indication of manufacturer? I have a hybrid MF 53 with identical knuckle cap ... But no identification on it. I think it uses a Craftsman iron. None of Stanley's blades fit. 

Thanks, and another 40 peek-a-boos!

Thanks. And yup, Stanley's are marked "Stanley" at the edge that meets the iron.