I try and stay busy in the shop
I started assembly this afternoon.  The first step was fitting the trim around the bottom of the box.  To get the trim to match up, I used the shoulder plane to trim the inside shoulder to mate the trim.  I inverted the box frame and inserted the bottom, the bottom is free floating and the trim holds it in place.

After fitting each piece of trim, I coated the inside edges of the trim with glue, spread it evenly and then shot a few pins with the pneumatic pinner to hold it in place until the glue dried, then moved to the next piece.  I would trim and try, trim and try until the shoulder plane did it's work.  Once all the bottom trim was in place, I coated the entire project with an additional coat of the Golden Oak Watco Oil as planned.  This included the top, which has yet to be attached with the hinge.  I will do this on Wednesday, after waxing both components with the first coat of wax and buffing them out.

Here is what she'll look like when she is done.  (Pretty much.... )  
Rolleyes

Smirk
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.