Hold Down for Biesemeyer
I can't find an item for my uni. to hold down the stock when ripping. Anyone make their own?
Jim
(10-14-2017, 06:41 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I can't find an item for my uni. to hold down the stock when ripping. Anyone make their own?

Fit a piece of wood between the fence faces, on top of the fence. Drill and tap two holes in the top to hold the wood down...mount what you want. 

Al
I turn, therefore I am!

[attachment=4998 Wrote:woodhead pid='7537881' dateline='1507983340']
Fit a piece of wood between the fence faces, on top of the fence. Drill and tap two holes in the top to hold the wood down...mount what you want. 

Al

I have a Jet Exacta (Biesemeyer clone) and screwed a piece of wood, with t track to top of fence, to attach aux. fences, stop block, feather boards, Vega stock feeder, and the most used, "The Pusher" for thin cuts. The feeder and pusher work great. The feeder with the angled roller, does a great job keeping stock against the fence.
I don't use the anti kick back part.
I was told I have it upside down. But it works fine that way.

Attached Files Image(s)

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I just finished cutting up a lot of plywood.  I used the board buddies for the first time ever for me. For wider stuff like plywood I liked it.

Attached Files Image(s)

"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11