Put some nails in the ground
I went from 12x20 to 24x30 and thought i'd never need more space. Came in just under budget but did it right. Ten foot ceilings, climate controlled. I could have gone 30 x 30.... I would have found a use for the extra space.... but my shop is great... it's only a woodshop though, no shared space.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
(10-15-2017, 08:30 AM)DogwoodTales Wrote: Unless the DDA (Department of Domestic Affairs) is going to get out there and measure you could probably mark the pour for 30x50 and it may go unnoticed.

I like the way you think!

And then push for 40 x 60!

Big Grin
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink
answers:

12' ceiling
I have 40'x 20' shelter for tractor, etc.
Gambrel roof with storage space for lumber

still hoping for 50'
Wink
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(10-16-2017, 05:50 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: still hoping for 50'
Wink

Stand your ground, or lie!  Go for it!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-14-2017, 06:42 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: If it was me, I would go 30x60'.  Then put in a bullet trap and shoot .22 indoor at the 50'  targets.

Now that's a cool idea! Woodworking and guns in the same place.
And if you live in the part of America that allows suppressors it would make less noise than a pin nailer.
(10-14-2017, 01:16 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Used 12" bridging spikes to mark the corners of my new shop.

I want 30' x 50' but the management thinks 40' is plenty.  Gonna paint some lines on the ground and park the pickup inside and see how it looks then.

Maybe get some concrete poured next week!
Big Grin

Cool 

30 deep or 50 deep?
2 rollups on front or 1?
Porch on the side for a bbq grill?
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Pretty much how it's done Steve. check, check, check. Gotta have the BBQ porch.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Even better idea. Mark it for a space larger than you are hoping for, more than what would fly with the DDA, say 40x70, then when you get SQWAWK! Then size it down to the 30x50 you really want.
Tread carefully or you will have to promise dedicated space in the shop for the DDA .
Ray