Lone Ranger III remote power box has passed away
My Lone Ranger III remote control power box is dead. It turned my shop vac on and off efficiently for 15 years. Now it's time for a new sheriff to take over the job. I'm just wondering what device people here have recruited to perform this task. It's only duty will be to start and stop a 6 gallon shop vac. Thanks.
(10-16-2017, 09:38 AM)JSpill Wrote: My Lone Ranger III remote control power box is dead. It turned my shop vac on and off efficiently for 15 years. Now it's time for a new sheriff to take over the job. I'm just wondering what device people here have recruited to perform this task. It's only duty will be to start and stop a 6 gallon shop vac. Thanks.

15 years is a long time to give reliable service. Mine is still working after at least 15 years, dutifully turning on and off my 220v dust collector. When it croaks, I'll buy a new one.

Doug
15 years of reliable service would pretty much guarantee me replacing it with the same thing if available.  I see no need to experiment with something different unless I'm absolutely sure that it's better than what I've been using.
(10-16-2017, 09:38 AM)JSpill Wrote: My Lone Ranger III remote control power box is dead. It turned my shop vac on and off efficiently for 15 years. Now it's time for a new sheriff to take over the job. I'm just wondering what device people here have recruited to perform this task. It's only duty will be to start and stop a 6 gallon shop vac. Thanks.

LONG ranger ?
Of course, LONG Ranger  oops!
I think if it is just a 110, less than 15 amp the only real consideration is name brand  for 30 bux Or pick up one of the knock offs. Couldn't be simpler, two plugs, one for vac, one for tool. Power on the tool, and vac auto starts, runs for a few seconds after tool power is off to clear the line. Simply awesome, a Lonely ranger got that way after it's owner lost the dumb remote control.........  
Big Grin

[Image: isocket1.png]

For those so inclined, they make them for 220, but only to 20 Amp IIRC.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I used one of these on a 1hp dust collector I had hooked to my tablesaw for years. I bought the one that came with three different receiver units. It is cheap and works like a charm.

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Wireless...amp+switch
Dave I've always bought the DGC product, and also have had great luck with them, Good to hear from you that the lower priced off brand is a good deal. I'm sure you flip yours on a lot more than most of us here. I was joking about the remote control on the ranger, but I did lose it for the one I bought, saw these power switches a few years ago, and said hmmmmmmm. They are the cats meow. I think on higher Amp, HP units something like the ranger may be your only choice, as these plugs are limited, but if you are using lower powered tools, these are the deal.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW

Did you try to reset it?  There is a small red reset button on the side of the receiver.

RP
Yes, I did try to reset it. I think I will go with the DGC product recommended by Steve. I won't have to worry about losing the remote and it will be adequate to use with all my power tools.