Building a benchtop CNC
For those interested in CNC there is a channel on YouTube called Bellevue Woodshop that recently uploaded part 1 of Building a Benchtop CNC.  It looks interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxea_Eho1xo&t=146s

Mike
(10-16-2017, 12:40 PM)Ohio Mike Wrote: For those interested in CNC there is a channel on YouTube called Bellevue Woodshop that recently uploaded part 1 of Building a Benchtop CNC.  It looks interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxea_Eho1xo&t=146s

Mike

I heard there's a guy named Mike, lives around Bloomington, that knows about CNC stuff too!  
Yes
Big Grin
Yes

Lonnie
There are some good builds Bill Griggs on Router forums built a nice unit and you could also check out Mechmate and Joe's cnc
(10-16-2017, 05:20 PM)fixtureman Wrote: There are some good builds Bill Griggs on Router forums built a nice unit and you could also check out Mechmate and Joe's cnc

Hello Ohio Mike, I'm just South of you a bit in Westerville and I am building a 48"x48" GarageWorX from Dave Gatton. He has 3 different sizes of kits that can be ordered and from watching his videos its pretty straight forward.

If you're ever in North Columbus area look me up.
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
(10-17-2017, 06:52 AM)gad5264 Wrote: Hello Ohio Mike, I'm just South of you a bit in Westerville and I am building a 48"x48" GarageWorX from Dave Gatton. He has 3 different sizes of kits that can be ordered and from watching his videos its pretty straight forward.

When you get it up and running let us know what you think.  I want to slide down the CNC slope.  This is the first time I have heard of them.  The price looks attractive enough but curious about the rigidity/performance.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(10-17-2017, 06:52 AM)gad5264 Wrote: Hello Ohio Mike, I'm just South of you a bit in Westerville and I am building a 48"x48" GarageWorX from Dave Gatton. He has 3 different sizes of kits that can be ordered and from watching his videos its pretty straight forward.

Thanks for the replies everyone and thanks Grant for the kind offer. 
Cool

I don't have any plans to build a CNC in the very near future but videos like this one make me curious about adding one to my shop someday.

Mike
(10-17-2017, 08:23 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: Thanks for the replies everyone and thanks Grant for the kind offer. 
Cool

I don't have any plans to build a CNC in the very near future but videos like this one make me curious about adding one to my shop someday.

Mike

If you are close to Bloomington IL anytime, stop in. I have a myriad of various controllers up and running these days on different kinds of cnc machines. Let us know what you are interested in.

Bill Griggs is a buddy and he is a fellow Joes builder and now he is a tormach owner too and he has a sweet podcast you might like.

Keep us posted what you like. Lots of folks here running CNCs.

Mikie

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(10-17-2017, 01:20 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: If you are close to Bloomington IL anytime, stop in. I have a myriad of various controllers up and running these days on different kinds of cnc machines. Let us know what you are interested in.

Bill Griggs is a buddy and he is a fellow Joes builder and now he is a tormach owner too and he has a sweet podcast you might like.

Keep us posted what you like. Lots of folks here running CNCs.

Mikie

Thanks Mike!  
Cool
Cool