Why does this cut look like this? TS question.
Quote:Maybe it's just me, but does no one use a good push stick anymore?

well the cut at issue is a cross cut so a push stick would look like a miter gauge 
Winkgrin

Past that I have no idea why you would stop a cut unless it was meant to be stopped
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(10-22-2017, 08:55 AM)Mike in kc Wrote: [Image: TSalign%20001-M.jpg]

[Image: TSalign%20002-M.jpg]

This is what I meant in my post, however, pictures are a lot better.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(10-24-2017, 06:51 PM)Delta007 Wrote: So, I read all of this and I think I am still waiting for the unasked question...don't mind if I do:

"Why on earth would you stop the cut until you have pushed the stock all the way through the blade?"..at which point the cut is nice and true, if I read this correctly.

What possible reason would you have for stopping the cut? Super short pieces?
Either I don't get it, or I've been outside the biz too long...

In my first response I kinda did, but see that I didn't ask what I was thinking. Maybe it will be illuminating to see the answer to the unasked??????

"Lemme make sure I understand, if you stop cutting as soon as the first teeth project through the end you feel it isn't square, but if you push all the way through the cut it ends up being flush, and square?"

That was also when I figured it couldn't be much off, and started thinking it was just the tooth pattern on his blade was an ATB. Still not sure it isn't that, but darned if we haven't done our annual refresher for TS set up..............

I'd love to see whatever OP was seeing in a movie.....
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW