Wiring house for Dish, Direct, Cable, Internet
I bought a small 3brm ranch style house that was built in 1982. I have completely redone the outside, roof, fascia, soffits, doors, windows and siding. I am getting ready to do the interior and will be having my drywall man return interior walls to original condition. When I rent this I don't want cable and satellite companies poking holes in walls and siding so I am trying to figure out how I can prewire it so it won't be necessary to add additional holes. In this areal there is only one internet service provider that people use and it is high speed cable. The same cable company also provides cable tv. There are a number of people though that prefer to receive their tv through Dish or Direct. Am I going to have to prewire for both satelite and cable providers?
Yes, if for no other reason than different locations.

String home-run cable where you think it needs to go. From the south facing eave to the entertainment center area string 2 RG6 minimum. At least 1 RG6 to the master bedroom. That is for satellite.

String home-run RG6 from the cable demark box to each use location.

I'd suggest a communications rack instead of direct runs to the rooms if it was your personal residence to futureproof.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(10-17-2017, 12:32 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: Yes, if for no other reason than different locations.  

String home-run cable where you think it needs to go.  From the south facing eave to the entertainment center area string 2 RG6 minimum.  At least 1 RG6 to the master bedroom.  That is for satellite.  

String home-run RG6 from the cable demark box to each use location.  

I'd suggest a communications rack instead of direct runs to the rooms if it was your personal residence to futureproof.

One thing I've found with various cable installers is that unless you're there to specify where/how you want it run, they will just run their own cables anyway and poke holes where ever.  I've had a couple of them tell me they couldn't warranty the installation if they didn't install the wiring. Others wanted to replace the end connectors everytime they came out. IThe first installer that came out wanted to poke holes in the wall. I ended up running his cable into the attic and down the walls while he was onsite so that it was done the way I wanted. They wouldn't go to that effort.

For a rental, I would suggest something in the rental contract specifying the terms of the cable installation, or you arrange to be there when they come out.

Kevin
In addition to running wires and cables, install a few empty conduits for future use. Use 3/4" blue ENT between the attic and wall boxes in the different rooms below.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Carlon-3-4-in.../100404116
Home run all your rooms to a single location (wiring closet) and then run cable from the potential satellite location to the closet and from the cable demark to the closet. From there they can use a "hub" to distribute to all your locations. Do this for phone and CAT6/ethernet as well. Thats how I did my house and it perfect...one room for all the commo gear.
Too much work for a rental.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry