Antique Wood door (interior) info
Hi,

I have been helping maintain some mid 19th century homes at a local historic village.

I am interested in restoring an interior door with some structural issues (tight panels blew out the center stile).

I am looking for a reference on information regarding old door construction/restoration.

Any help out there?

Thanks

mark
Traditional Woodwork by Mario Rodriquez may help.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(10-19-2017, 08:55 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Traditional Woodwork by Mario Rodriquez may help.

Thanks Gary,

I think I have that book. Thanks for the reminder.

Mark
I guess I should have looked in my library.

FYI,

I found that Audels Carpenters and Builders Guide has a reference to doors as does Modern Carpentry by Fred Hodgson.

I'm sure there are companies that make customers wood doors. Any ideas there? A quick search on the inner webs didn't turn up much.

Mark
(10-20-2017, 10:48 AM)sawnuts Wrote: I guess I should have looked in my library.

FYI,

I found that Audels Carpenters and Builders Guide has a reference to doors as does Modern Carpentry by Fred Hodgson.

I'm sure there are companies that make customers wood doors. Any ideas there? A quick search on the inner webs didn't turn up much.

Mark

do you want source information on how to repair the door you have or have someone make a make a new one based on the existing door?
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I'd like info on door construction in the mid 1800s as well as restoration tips. How to disassemble etc.

I found that these doors (no pic) have pinned through tenons on the corners. Not sure if they are draw bored or not. I hope so since they may not have used glue and I may need to disassemble the door. And that is why I'm asking for info.

Mark