Tips on Moving Large Tools?
Typical machines are not that heavy and no where near the weight to need a rigger. A good hand truck and a helper can make short work of it. I have moved everything in my shop with hand trucks or an engine hoist. Hoist is really nice for loading a trailer because it will roll up under the bed. But a ramp and a good hand truck work well too and I have done that many times. I moves machines around the shop with hand truck and a strap.

If you have an engine hoist it is childs play. I have moved these two on and off a trailer and  all around my shop, by myself with just an engine host. Just never get  under it or in front of it just in case.

[Image: inplace1.jpg]

[Image: d20-finished1.jpg]
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

Another vote for an engine hoist. An engine hoist, trailer and a couple of friends who like beer might be all you need. I used movers the last time and it worked out okay but I was worried the entire time. Watched them like a hawk.

On the other hand George has a good point about throwing some money at it!
Another vote for professional movers. Had a 13 foot slider. An 8" jointer. 13" thickness planer. 2hp dust collection system. 80-gal air tank. And on and on.

Cannot even imagine trying to cheap out on the move across town.
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink
Thanks everyone.  The move has been put off for now.  But this is good information to have.