Spalted Maple Question
Question 
I am doing a small jewelry box and I am using spalted maple as the main box. I am trying to come with a complimenting / contrasting wood that might work. Any ideas or photos that anyone would care to share? Thanks!
I have used Mahogany on several occasions and it offsets the maple beautifully in my opinion.

Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Mahogany, Cherry, Walnut or just about any dark wood would look good.
Maple, spalted or not always plays off well against any darker wood. I'm a Domestic wood kinda guy, so for me Cherry, and Walnut are present for that purpose. I use 80% Maple to all other woods, so the others really are for using as a secondary or accent wood.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thank you very much for your opinions and pictures. This is helpful.
Norm
(10-22-2017, 09:55 AM)NORMĀ ABRAHAM Wrote: Thank you very much for your opinions and pictures. This is helpful.
Norm

+ red heart, bloodwood,
BontzSawWorks.net
(10-20-2017, 11:16 AM)NORMĀ ABRAHAM Wrote: I am doing a small jewelry box and I am using spalted maple as the main box. I am trying to come with a complimenting / contrasting wood that might work. Any ideas or photos that anyone would care to share? Thanks!

African blackwood, bubinga, sapele
Cellulose runs through my veins!