What the cost of spray foam insulation?
Trying to get some numbers together for my new shop -- anyone had spray foam done recently?  About how much does it cost???

Thanks
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
36'x40', 10' walls, 3-3'x4' windows, 42"walk-in door, 20'x8' overhead door was $2200.00

Walls only.

Ed
Thanks. Now to crunch some numbers.
Sigh

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
A fair budgeting number is about $2.00 per square foot for about 5" of sprayed open cell in Ky.

Rob
(10-21-2017, 09:46 PM)Archengine Wrote: A fair budgeting number is about $2.00 per square foot for about 5" of sprayed open cell in Ky.  

Rob

That's about $.40 per "board foot" which is the way some folks quote it.

I'm looking at SIPS, metal or stick buildings and my head is starting to swim trying to get it all figured out so I can compare "apples to apples"
Rolleyes

Thanks for the help.
Cool

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
I've read/heard that the insulation on a Morton building is superb. Watch some vids on how it is installed and you'd be impressed. It is very energy efficient and folks who live in them love the comfort. Plus a Morton building is a lot cheaper than stick built. In my area a metal building can be put up for as cheap as $10/sq ft. with insulation and a window and a door. Now, that price is for only getting the building "in the dry". If you are looking at a shop, that might be a good inexpensive option to look into.
Morton uses some very different designs on their buildings. 8' truss spacing, 2x4 purlins stood on edge.

Menards is worse yet. 9' truss spacing, purlins on edge, fabricate your own overhangs.

No thank you very much.

I'll stick with old school polebarn methods.

Ed
I paid for 3" of closed cell 2LB foam on my 40x64's 4/12 ceiling and gable ends above the 16' trusses. Pump volume showed about 3.5-4 was sprayed. You can also see that when looking up and seeing how the foam covered the trusses and perlins. Closed cell plan on at least a buck an inch per square.

Also a menards building can be ordered with any pole spacing you want and with overhangs and a ton of other options. Its very customizable. They had as many options as cleary and ragland.

Ive also seen a ton of polebarns with perlins on edge on many fams. Mine are not on edge. My building was contracted through s&l builders and built buy windy ridge construction by Michael Stoltzfus out of Indiana . They are a family run Amish crew. Amos Stoltzfus, Micheal's dad, sprayed the insulation.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

There are professionals who help in doing the roof insulation. You can get an estimate from them and plan according to your budget.
The average rates that they charge is $10/sq ft. My friend has recently renovated his home with new palm beach windows and doors and foam roof insulation taking helpful hints from professionals.
Insulating the house is important to make it safe from the hurricane and the storm.