Emco BS-3
Hi all.  As an impulse buy, I picked this up on the C List for 50$.  It runs smoothly, hardly any vibration unlike my c.1983 Tiawaan import.   

I noticed that the drive belt from the motor to the wheel seems skinny  (1/4 inch)  but even with a 1/4 inch blade it sliced a 3" piece of oak if I took my time.   I have had a limited amount of time to do much reading on this, but I have found scant entries on the interweb, and a German? manual for it for 25 euros.  

Anyone have experience with these animals?

Attached Files Image(s)

Emco made some pretty good stuff back in the day.  It was also expensive.
That belt will likely be a 5M or a 7M belt.  I have a small (8") Emco metal lathe that uses that skinny belt.  Turns out its made in the USA by Gates.  I got an extra for my lathe in 1985.  I've not had to replace it yet.  Those belts are amazingly strong.
Do you Sprechen Sie Deutsch

If not I'm not sure what options are available to have that converted, or maybe just find a German speaker to help you through it.

Not sure if this was the pay site you saw? $8.99 it goes to English, but if you go through the link I used you can view it fo freeeeee.

I saw it on Pinterest which is free, but kinda hidden behind a wall, but to sign up is free, and they have a lot of neat stuff on that site, so it may be worth it to you. That copy was a copy, and not a great one, but if you wanted to take screen shots then you would have it. Once you are inside Pinterest all you have to do is click on the image, and it will open.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW