Two More Days
Great news and thanks for the update. Good luck with your PT and rehab.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Glad to hear the "boneworkers" are done with the repair!  Now the hard part starts, but you've already DTDT and got the tee shirt so you know what you have to do.  Go for it!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
how long do you expect to be in the hospital? I bet they will kick you out before 48 hours have elapsed, unless complications arise. Insurance companies are pushing hospitals to get patients out of beds so they won't have to pay one cent extra.
(10-27-2017, 07:31 AM)Tynyyn Wrote: how long do you expect to be in the hospital?  I bet they will kick you out before 48 hours have elapsed, unless complications arise.  Insurance companies are pushing hospitals to get patients out of beds so they won't have to pay one cent extra.

IIRC, he said he's already home after one day.  Personally, having had two surgeries this past year, I was out after one day as well, and glad to be out, can't sleep in hospital at all.
(10-27-2017, 07:31 AM)Tynyyn Wrote: how long do you expect to be in the hospital?  I bet they will kick you out before 48 hours have elapsed, unless complications arise.  Insurance companies are pushing hospitals to get patients out of beds so they won't have to pay one cent extra.

Just one night in the hospital.  About 8 weeks away from work.  Doc wants 3 months for recovery, but I was ready in 8 weeks last time, so that's what I'll do this time.  Pain was pretty intense yesterday, but with consistent meds at home, it's quite manageable.  Stretching and strength exercises for the new few months.  Then back to some semblance of normalcy.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(10-27-2017, 05:51 PM)AHill Wrote: Just one night in the hospital.  About 8 weeks away from work.  Doc wants 3 months for recovery, but I was ready in 8 weeks last time, so that's what I'll do this time.  Pain was pretty intense yesterday, but with consistent meds at home, it's quite manageable.  Stretching and strength exercises for the new few months.  Then back to some semblance of normalcy.

Wow.  LOML was in for three nights. 

What kind of cut did you get? Straight across the kneecap or C shaped around it.  LOML got the C shaped.  Her Dr. said he changed to it because people were complaining they couldn't knee with the straight scars. 
Confused
Crazy
chris
(10-27-2017, 07:51 PM)doobes Wrote: Wow.  LOML was in for three nights. 

What kind of cut did you get? Straight across the kneecap or C shaped around it.  LOML got the C shaped.  Her Dr. said he changed to it because people were complaining they couldn't knee with the straight scars. 
Confused
Crazy

Many of these are done with a medical grade CNC router. And of course, the ortho docs have nice furniture in their offices. 
Yes
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
One long, straight cut. Same as the other knee. I can kneel fine on the other knee. I don’t know about the medical grade router. My surgeon uses an oscillating saw guided by an alignment fixture. Technology and surgery protocols are changing rapidly.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thought I'd update everyone on the recovery.

I was discharged after only one night in the hospital.  Nice, private room, but the TV didn't work, so I missed the World Series game that first night.  I ditched my walker after about 2 days and started using my cane.  A lot less hazardous and fewer obstacles.  I'm walking fairly well, but any long-term standing is a chore.  I've had one visit from the home health care nurse and one from home physical therapy.  I've been doing stretching and strength exercises about 3-4x a day.  Pain-wise, I'd say it's a bit less pain than the last knee, but it's manageable with the Percocet.  Today, I reduced my dose by 1/2 (1 pill vs. 2), and it seems to be helping.  I actually took a shower this morning (kept the wound from getting soaked), and that felt good.  Bird baths aren't the most effective way to stay clean.  It'll be at least 4-5 more weeks before I can drive, and that's kind of frustrating, but I have a wife and daughter who are great helping hands.  The one and only benefit of one of the side effects of Percocet is the lack of appetite has contributed to me losing 10 lbs already.  I need to lose the weight anyway, so I'm fine with that.

I'm hoping my recovery gets to the point where I can spend a couple of hours a day in the shop making Christmas presents (without the influence of Percocet!) before I have to return to work.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(11-02-2017, 04:53 PM)AHill Wrote: Thought I'd update everyone on the recovery.

Sounds typical, good to wean yourself off the meds ASAP as you don't need the hassle of a dependence establishing itself, I did the same with my surgeries.  Good to hear you're keeping up with the exercises, that's the best.  Yeah, showers are divine, you don't appreciate them until you don't have them.  Good luck to you and keep the faith.