Two More Days
...until my second knee replacement.  It's been a long wait, but Wednesday morning, I'll be getting my other knee replacement.  I was scheduled to have it done last year, but 5 days before my scheduled surgery, I had a heart attack.  So, being on a blood thinner, I had to wait a year.  The ticker's doing fine.  Stress test in July couldn't have gone better.  Lost some weight.  Eating more healthy.  I am so looking forward to this one because it'll mean I will be able to get back into the groove, be more independent, and hang out in the shop more.  I know from the last one what to expect, and I am well aware the pain is temporary.  I was very diligent with my PT last time, and expect to remain as diligent this time.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I know how fate interferes with plans, and wish you success and speedy recovery, Allan!  A friend I fish with had both done at once. He went to convalescent rehab. You have pain free times ahead!
Get well soon! Shop time can be great motivation!
Hoping this one goes as good as the first, Allan!
Allan, good luck, having had two surgeries this past year I feel for you, but it will hopefully improve your mobility. You’ve got the right attitude about PT.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Hey, demand they give you the old knee, for your scrapbook. And, remove all disposal fees from billing! They charge $8 for each Tylenol. A knee should be worth $1500. 
Laugh
Best of luck, it’s downhill from there....

-- mos maiorum
Good luck.  LOML had her first one done in April.  We are waiting to see how the other one works out.
chris
(10-23-2017, 10:21 AM)AHill Wrote: ...until my second knee replacement.  It's been a long wait, but Wednesday morning, I'll be getting my other knee replacement.  I was scheduled to have it done last year, but 5 days before my scheduled surgery, I had a heart attack.  So, being on a blood thinner, I had to wait a year.  The ticker's doing fine.  Stress test in July couldn't have gone better.  Lost some weight.  Eating more healthy.  I am so looking forward to this one because it'll mean I will be able to get back into the groove, be more independent, and hang out in the shop more.  I know from the last one what to expect, and I am well aware the pain is temporary.  I was very diligent with my PT last time, and expect to remain as diligent this time.

Reward yourself with something from a favorite toolmaker!
Yes
Home after only one day!  The surgery went well.  Different protocol this time.  No epidural so you wake up in pain!  Thank God for narcotic meds.  Since the surgery was delayed a year, there was a lot of damage to repair.  I pretty long scar.  Now the fun begins!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill