Appliance help in finding the problem
I have a GE profile refrigerator that has a single door on the bottom for the freezer part and double doors on the top.  When I open the upper doors the lights flash and tapping sound is heard and upon closing the doors the temperature for both the freezer and the refrigerator show on the display.  Anyone have any idea as to what my problem is and is it something I can do?

Thank you,
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
GE has a support page for this:  http://www.geappliances.com/ge/service-a...eezers.htm
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I'll bet it's the control board, most often a $50 part. Many of the innerweb appliance parts places have a 30 day return policy, so if that doesn't fix the problem you are only out shipping. A lot of these sites also have tech support. Swapping out the control board is pretty easy, just a few plugs. YouTube has a lot of videos on troubleshooting just about any appliance issue. Get the model#, usually inside the fridge and do some web searching.
(10-23-2017, 10:33 AM)Herb Wrote: I have a GE profile refrigerator that has a single door on the bottom for the freezer part and double doors on the top.  When I open the upper doors the lights flash and tapping sound is heard and upon closing the doors the temperature for both the freezer and the refrigerator show on the display.  Anyone have any idea as to what my problem is and is it something I can do?

Thank you,

Don't know about the GE, but my LG freezer and fridge temp display (and the rest of the control panel) light up whenever the door is opened, and stay lit for 15-20 seconds after closing the door... so that part of the problem may be a design feature.