A couple ornaments
(10-23-2017, 08:28 PM)Steve K Wrote: I had a piece of spalted beech that was heavily spalted, despite comparateur assurance chat that it was still pretty solid. Made one ornament with walnut and one with maple.

[Image: pVUIDdjnkZhl5MeQbZj0AAY9VFZnXMjm8gmeTCtD...85-h643-no]

[Image: nf6mjwlTtobHX3jXSr-sjKqPBzLxTvkp5c8g6HQh...80-h643-no]

Hello,
It is really beautiful.
Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures!
(10-24-2017, 06:51 PM)Steve K Wrote: Thank you sir, my globes are usually 2" diameter or less. Overall length is around 5". I get the eyelets from http://www.woodworkingparts.com/

Might I suggest, as I have many times, using cotter keys or jewelery findings for a more delicate hold?  I use a 3/32 hole, some CA, and a steel or brass key.  Small enough it doesn't interfere with the piece itself.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(10-24-2017, 06:54 PM)Steve K Wrote: Thanks Arlin I use some home made hollowing tools. 5/16" round bar from the local hardware and 8.8mm carbide inserts from captain eddie.

Did you use a torch to heat it and bend it?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(10-26-2017, 11:14 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Might I suggest, as I have many times, using cotter keys or jewelery findings for a more delicate hold?  I use a 3/32 hole, some CA, and a steel or brass key.  Small enough it doesn't interfere with the piece itself.

Noted and ignored, as I have many times
Steve K

(10-26-2017, 06:45 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Did you use a torch to heat it and bend it?

Yea, it's mild steel so it's pretty easy to do.
Steve K

(10-26-2017, 11:14 AM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Might I suggest, as I have many times, using cotter keys or jewelery findings for a more delicate hold?  I use a 3/32 hole, some CA, and a steel or brass key.  Small enough it doesn't interfere with the piece itself.

Like the cotter key idea.  I have boxes of them.