OK everyone need your openion on this stuff please
Is it new info and good product or old info and good product or new info and bad product.

The first one really appeals to me since it has the ability to do round lathe products.  Also will it do carving?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100W-CO2-Laser-...1438.l2649

The last one really looks like a nice engraver at a great price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-AXIS-2417-CNC...1438.l2649

I/we can use one for the stuff we make to make it look nicer and more appealing for items we make for us or for others or for selling.

The first one will take 3 years to save for and the second one will take 5 months to save for, but will it do turned objects as well?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
You want have any decent support or software with either Arlin. You really need a well supported turnkey solution bro. Do you know anything about GRBL or ARM processor solutions?

You are choosing based on cost not function I think. Does someone else in your "we" have a handle on this stuff?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Stick with g-code controlled stuff.
VH07V  
(10-26-2017, 08:30 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: You want have any decent support or software with either Arlin. You really need a well supported turnkey solution bro. Do you know anything about GRBL or ARM processor solutions?

You are choosing based on cost not function I think. Does someone else in your "we" have a handle on this stuff?

Mike

We will just have to learn how to do it by trial and error.  In the military I did CNC mills and lathes but forgot most of it.

If I get something I can always find someone to help us learn here.

Also yes on the cost.  On the second one it seems we could easily enlarge it for a bigger surface I am thinking.

Thanks for the help buys
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(10-27-2017, 11:18 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Mike

We will just have to learn how to do it by trial and error.  In the military I did CNC mills and lathes but forgot most of it.

If I get something I can always find someone to help us learn here.

Also yes on the cost.  On the second one it seems we could easily enlarge it for a bigger surface I am thinking.

Thanks for the help buys

Do not buy the second one and assume it will be easy to enlarge.. Sure, you can buy longer rails and reassemble it to make a larger table, but you will lose rigidity and performance will probably suffer. These small desktop machines are designed to be as cost efficient as possible for the size of cutting area. There is nothing wrong with that, but it means you can't really (easily) scale them up.

If money is a problem, you really should do a DIY CNC machine.. Yes, it will take a long time, but you have friends to help you and you will really learn a lot.
Laser engravers are potentially very dangerous.. they can cause loss of vision and toxic fumes when in use.  Some people have DIYed lasers, but that is not something I personally felt comfortable doing. I am not saying it is wrong, but you need to be aware of the risks. (one of your machines was a laser engraver, I Think.. not a CNC)