harbor freight next 25% ?
(10-28-2017, 01:27 PM)Woodshop Wrote: it would save me an additional $30 on $599.99 , I have been looking at the 7x12 metal lathe.

Looked at this lathe in the local HF store today. Would be interested in your impressions when you get it.

Doug
Try this

Attached Files Image(s)

Anybody have their benchtop wood lathe? If so, any impressions, understanding it is just a basic lathe but without a lot of bells and whistles, it would be hard to screw up a lathe, methinks. For $170 could I really go wrong?
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-28-2017, 08:54 AM)pprobus Wrote: ... they have been getting further apart and fewer over the past year or so.

I get two HF catalogs, one in my name, and one to the former homeowner - or current resident.  One has 20% off coupons, the other, in my name, does not.  Must be I used too many 20% off coupons and they don't want me to have any more!
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(12-08-2017, 09:16 PM)Cecil Wrote: I get two HF catalogs, one in my name, and one to the former homeowner - or current resident.  One has 20% off coupons, the other, in my name,  does not.  Must be I used too many 20% off coupons and they don't want me to have any more!

I just got a 25% coupon in an email yesterday.
I've been burnt so many times with HF equipment that there are very few things I would bother trying to save 5% off the purchase price. About the only thing I can think of I buy there on any regular basis are clamps.
Occasionally you can buy a piece of equipment just for the motor and scrap the rest of it.
There have been quite a few items they sell where the entire piece is less expensive than going out to find an electrical motor by itself. I bought a belt sander just for the motor to replace one on a scroll saw and saved about $50.. Over time I've used the rest of the parts (well some of them anyway) for other purposes..
I still cuss daily at the drill press I bought from HF.. Sure it'll poke holes in things, but accurate holes are iffy at best..
I've purchased some items from Harbor Freight. It seems like I have gotten to a point that there is nothing left that I would like to purchase. I walked our store a couple months ago (had some time to waste), did the entire store and didn't purchase anything. Maybe I just got enough "stuff"? I can usually find something in Menards.
(10-27-2017, 09:02 PM)Woodshop Wrote: Any one know if or when harbor freight next 25% off would be ?
Not sure if they did one around Thanksgiving last year or not, purity sure they did at Christmas or new years.
Thanks

Right now.  Go to their site and download the coupon.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(12-08-2017, 02:55 PM)Admiral Wrote: Anybody have their benchtop wood lathe?  If so, any impressions, understanding it is just a basic lathe but without a lot of bells and whistles, it would be hard to screw up a lathe, methinks.  For $170 could I really go wrong?

I do not have the benchtop lathe but I bought their floor lathe this year. It has worked well for me. This was my first attempt at turning so my standards might not be that high.
I have quite a few items from HF. First thing I do is take them apart and grease/oil them and assemble them making corrections and mods to make them work as they are suppose to.
Some of them I stay away from. You have to know which ones are just junk.