Salt For Water Softener
(10-30-2017, 07:18 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Which salt costs more?

Culligan...

Ed
(10-31-2017, 10:46 AM)Cooler Wrote: When I first moved to my house 20 years ago Culligan called on me and ran tests of the water and told me "You'll save enough on soap and shampoo to pay for the softener".
I had a good laugh at that.   Just about 20 years ago I had my water tested by a place here, "Angel Soft", and they said the exact same thing... word for word.

However, my water is really hard and I do need the softener.  But the goofy sales pitch stuck with me to this day.
BTW.  The "soap and shampoo" line didn't sway me.   My sink aerators getting crusted with lime/calcium is what made the decision.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
(10-31-2017, 01:30 PM)SawDat Wrote: I had a good laugh at that.   Just about 20 years ago I had my water tested by a place here, "Angel Soft", and they said the exact same thing... word for word.

However, my water is really hard and I do need the softener.  But the goofy sales pitch stuck with me to this day.
BTW.  The "soap and shampoo" line didn't sway me.   My sink aerators getting crusted with lime/calcium is what made the decision.

I've bought a couple systems from them and I'm very happy with the pricing and service. When you're ready and get your water tested (assuming you don't mind a little plumbing) , give these guys a try. I've bought a couple systems from them and I'm very happy with the pricing and service.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Sears sells systems and apparently the salesmen don't get a commission on the water softener systems because when I had them test my water he told me point blank, "You water is not hard; you don't need a water softener system".
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(11-02-2017, 11:59 AM)Cooler Wrote: Sears sells systems and apparently the salesmen don't get a commission on the water softener systems because when I had them test my water he told me point blank, "You water is not hard; you don't need a water softener system".

Most fo1k's water isn't hard. But softeners are easier to sell than other equipment.

I wouldn't buy anything without testing my water and consulting with someone who knows how to fix it... if needed.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay