Becksvoort Dovetails
I've belt sanded my dovetails smooth for decades.  I think I started using the belt sander because of making dovetail drawers from baltic birch plywood.  Regardless... I've learned to tame the "belt saw" and can't remember the last time I've sanded off a crisp corner or mucked up a project with it.
WoodNET... the new safespace
If you made dovetails out of plywood, you probably used a router jig. Why did you have to sand them as you could set the joints flush through the dovetail jig setting?

Simon
I have been known to sand dovetails, but then again, I am nowhere near the woodworker that Becksvoort is.  But I don't have a belt sander, I use a sanding block.  I would probably dumb-thumb it if I did try to use a belt sander.
Seems everyone is getting hung up on the belt sander. I thought his approach to cutting dovetails was educational. I liked it!
(11-07-2017, 08:56 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Seems everyone is getting hung up on the belt sander. I thought his approach to cutting dovetails was educational. I liked it!

Me thinks many of us have screwed the pooch sometime in the past, using a belt sander!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(11-08-2017, 03:28 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Me thinks many of us have screwed the pooch sometime in the past, using a belt sander!

As have I!
Practice makes perfect, or you quit trying when you decide you can't operate a small handheld tool.

Where is the smirk, and run out of the room icon when ya need it
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
A man (or a woman) gotta know their limitations....I don't like my decades old 4" X 24" Porter Cable belt sander for almost anything!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I know what you mean. I’ve screwed up a few things up with a belt sander.
Frank