A new turner
Star 
and if I was her Father I would be very happy on how good she does.  Well I am just proud of her anyway and hope more start turning because of her.

She has several youtube if you click below

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...ey+Harwood
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
She has been around for several years and very accomplished woodturner- artist. If not mistaken demonstrated stuart Batty tools for awhile.
Bill
(10-29-2017, 04:22 PM)Wildwood Wrote: She has been around for several years and very accomplished woodturner- artist.  If not mistaken demonstrated stuart Batty tools for awhile.

Well I am glad I finally found her.  I sent her a note telling her I was proud of her.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Arlin don’t take offense Ashley is a very accomplished turner with her own web site. She is just one of the many women in turning in a craft dominated by men. Checkout the photos on facebook if my link works.

http://www.ashleyharwood.net/ashleyharwo...rning.html

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Women-in-Tur...e_internal

Guess can honestly say some these girls impress me with their skills!
Bill
I know you meant well Arlin but as they said she is a Professional turner - she makes a living doing this as well as she does demos around the country - she just did one at the Mid-Atlantic Woodturning Symposium.
(10-30-2017, 07:11 PM)Wipedout Wrote: I know you meant well Arlin but as they said she is a Professional turner - she makes a living doing this as well as she does demos around the country - she just did one at the Mid-Atlantic Woodturning Symposium.

Wow the things I do not know.  I wonder when she started.  She looks to be in her early 20's

Well this article from 2013 said she took a class with her dad 5 years previous so I would guess since 2008. http://theartmag.com/the-arts/ashley-harwood/

She started college per a quick glance at her CV in 1999 so I would say she’s probably 35 or 36. A friend of mine meet her when he lived in Charleston. Seems she started out in glass but moved to wood. Lot of art education in her background. Pretty cool lady

There is a growing segment of turners that are not only young but women. Rebecca DeGroot is one as well she does some cool artsy things.
Thank you that is pretty cool and I am so glad more of the ladies are picking up the craft.

Here's a couple pics of a once turned red oak bowl she did at our chapter meeting in 2014 that I won at our Christmas raffle. She was big on the 40/40 grind and did a flawless job on this one.
Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA
(11-07-2017, 03:25 PM)David Delo Wrote: Here's a couple pics of a once turned red oak bowl she did at our chapter meeting in 2014 that I won at our Christmas raffle. She was big on the 40/40 grind and did a flawless job on this one.

Looks nice David and glad you won it.
Yes